British Embassy Addis Ababa Vacancy 2023
Embassy jobs in Ethiopia 2023
The British government is an open and welcoming employer. We value diversity, promote equality, and challenge discrimination to strengthen our organizational capability. People from all walks of life are welcome and encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate based on disability, race, color, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or any other legally protected category. Where operational and security requirements allow, we promote family-friendly flexible work opportunities.
The internship positions are designed to help young people with the potential to make a long-term contribution to Ethiopia’s development get a great start in their professional careers. Following the completion of the placement, the focus will be on developing knowledge and experience in specific areas of our portfolio as well as learning about the broader development sector. We’re starting an internship program because:
• We want to set a good example. Lack of work experience is a significant barrier for recent graduates as they enter the labor force. By providing internships, which are critical for bridging this transition, the British Embassy in Ethiopia hopes to set a good example for other organizations in the sector. We intend to set a good example by communicating the value of corporate social responsibility in improving youth skills and employability.
• We want to provide opportunities for skill development and equip entry-level workers with appropriate competency skills. British Embassy Ethiopia provides the opportunity to work in a diverse and dynamic environment, to embed work-relevant skills, information, and experience by opening opportunities to support teams within and across offices.
• We want young people’s insights to benefit our work, and we want Ethiopian youth to infuse our embassy with their insights, energy, and outside-the-box thinking as we strive to make our programs more effective and relevant to youth.
Responsibilities and roles
The successful candidate will be assigned to one of the Embassy’s teams. The candidate will work with teams to identify and coordinate events, perform a variety of tasks across the Embassy, and complete tasks outlined in the job description. The candidate will be responsible for program delivery as well as corporate tasks such as issue analysis, financial management, logistics, and program management.
DURATION: 6 months, with the option of an extension of up to 12 months
Qualifications, skills, and experience are required.
Those who graduated in 2022 or 2023 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in any field of study and a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 are eligible.
Salary: USD 414 per month and medical is equivalent to $345/ annum ($172.50 for 6 months)
Other employment benefits and conditions
After completing the internship, the candidate will have gained professional skills that they can apply in a wide range of fields in their future career, particularly in the development sector, as well as a better understanding of working in an international setting. The position also provides the opportunity to improve communication skills by participating in various activities to identify issues and propose solutions to problems, as well as working with others. The Intern will also have the opportunity to participate in various online/face-to-face learnings as well as practical learning through field trips.
How to Apply
• Please fill out the application form completely as the information provided will be used during screening.
• Please double-check your application before submitting it, as changes cannot be made once it has been submitted.
• The British Embassy will never ask for payment or fees to apply for a position.
• All internally locally employed staff on promotion and new entrants subject to local employment labor law will be subject to the current Terms and Conditions of Employment.
• When applying, candidates may be required to submit a valid certificate of good conduct that is no more than 6 months old.
• All candidates must be legally permitted to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the appropriate visa/work permit status, or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
• It is the successful candidate’s responsibility to:
• The British Embassy does not sponsor visas or work permits unless it is customary in the country.
• Employees who are not required to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their pay reduced by the equivalent amount.
• For more information on the Civil Service Success Profiles, visit Website
• Successful candidates will be subjected to reference checks and security clearances.
• Please check your application status by logging into your profile on the application system regularly.
Please keep in mind that you will only be able to apply for Country Based Staff positions with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Although jobs may be advertised on third-party websites, our advertisements will always link back to the official tal.net website. We will not receive your application if you complete and submit it through another website.