NGO JOB VACANCY IN ETHIOPIA
NGO JOB VACANCY IN ETHIOPIA
Leading international organization Mercy Corps was founded on the conviction that a better world is achievable. We collaborate to implement audacious solutions that help people overcome adversity and forge stronger communities from within during times of disaster and adversity in more than 40 countries worldwide. Currently and in the future.
Since its establishment in 2004, Mercy Corps has been working in Ethiopia to advance audacious and revolutionary ideas. The organization collaborates closely with the public, business, and civil society sectors to create a more resilient nation while ensuring that initiatives are impacted by and responsive to participants and stakeholders. With the introduction of Mercy Corps Global Strategy, Pathway to Possibility, the country office is ready to put its three-year plan into action. Its goal is to improve livelihoods for people affected by climate change and conflict by developing market systems that provide access to food, clean water, and better livelihoods so they can thrive in times of crisis.
First Post: CLA Intern
The following qualifications should be possessed by the ideal candidate:
1. One recommendation letter regarding the candidate’s moral character and sense of accountability from a university or other higher education establishment.
2. The intern needs to have graduated from college, no more than a year after graduation
3. A BA/BSC in Economics, Development Studies, Statistics, and related subjects
4. Agreed to work as an intern for six months with a meager stipend through the Mercy Corps program.
5. Excellent in English, the working language of MC, fluent in the local language (Afaan Oromo), and local area (Hararghe/Dire Dawa) native
6. Who can present or submit a single letter of recommendation from the university regarding the intern’s moral character and sense of accountability?
MSD Intern in Position Two
The ideal candidate would have the qualifications and abilities listed below:
1. BA/MA degrees in management, business, economics, argo-economics, and other relevant fields.
2. One recommendation letter regarding the candidate’s moral character and sense of accountability from a university or other higher education establishment.
3. Within the last three years, received a university degree
4. No prior work experience is necessary.
5. Effective interpersonal communication abilities
6. Detail-orientedness and organizational abilities
7. Capacity to function in a group setting.
8. Proficient in both written and spoken Oromifa, the local language, and English
LIVING CONDITIONS: The intern’s home should serve as the base of the internship.
In addition to representing Mercy Corps during and after work hours, interns and volunteers are expected to conduct themselves professionally at all times and in all locations within the country, as well as to respect local laws, customs, and the organization’s policies, procedures, and values.
Location: Dire Dawa, Babile/Chiro
End date: January 6, 2024
How to Submit an Application
All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply for the posted position. Applications must be submitted electronically and must include a resume, three references, and any relevant official documents.
NOTE: All interns must be enrolled full-time in college or have just graduated (within the last year or so).
The only applicants who are notified and scheduled for interviews are those who make the shortlist.
“Mercy Corps is a diverse, gender-neutral, and equal opportunity employer. Young and qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Our goal is to empower young people and women.
APPLICANTS ONLY MAY USE THIS DEADLINE: November 23, 2023, 4:00 PM
Candidates must use this link to fill out their information: