Mettu University Job Vacancy 2023
Date of vacancy announcement: September 12, 2023
Mattu University would like to invite competent and qualified candidates for the following jobs.
Number of Positions: 105 – Positions for 0-year Experience
In Physics, Entomology, Genetics, Biology, Statistics, Numerical Analysis, Mathematics, Chemistry, Petrology, Structural Geology, Geology, English Literature, Multimedia, Journalism, Broadcast Journalism, Print Journalism, Web Journalism, Communication Studies, Public relations, Heritage Studies, Peace Studies, Medical Doctor, Nursing, Immunology, Clinical chemistry, Hematology, Medical Biochemistry, Clinical Anatomy, Special needs and inclusive Education, Developmental Psychology, Health Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Natural resource, Marketing management, Procurement and supply management, Project management, General Management, Sales Management, Hospitality and tourism management, Tourism management, Land Administration and Management, Rural Development, Agricultural Economics, Cooperative Accounting, International Economics, Environmental Economics, Soil science, GIS, Forestry, Veterinary Science, Animal Science, Horticulture, Agronomy, History, Civic and Ethical Education, ICT, Computer Science, Information Technology, Sport Science, or other related field of study
As a member of the third generation of universities, Mettu University was founded with the main goals of providing communities with multifaceted services, problem-solving research, and high-quality education. Involving involvement with people, groups, and organizations, community service comprises a broad variety of educational, cultural, economic, environmental, scientific, social, and other activities.
As an intellectual leader in a national and international context and as a means of igniting and advancing discussion on matters about education, culture, the economy, the environment, law, and society, Mettu University recognizes community service as a crucial area of activity. Mission
delivering a high-quality education that will result in competent graduates, carrying out research based on society’s needs, and offering the community multifaceted services that address social issues.
By 2020 G.C., to rank among the top ten institutions of higher learning in Ethiopia.
Academic excellence: MeU seeks quality in teaching and service delivery and has high standards for its students and alumni. The academic and support personnel at the institution, together with the students, will all ardently strive for their best level of personal accomplishment in all facets of their job and encourage others to do the same.
Public participation and diversity: In doing so, the University is demonstrating its dedication to looking for knowledge-based solutions to social issues. The university’s outreach purpose is interpreted as public engagement, which emphasizes being proactive (actively engaged) and having a public influence. We value the diversity and inclusiveness of our community, which includes students, teachers, staff, and administrators. This community is enhanced by students from all backgrounds, and it is alive with open dialogue and respect for the dignity of all of its members.
Transparency and Accountability: MeU will encourage its academic and support personnel to embrace the open exchange of information as well as accountability for the actions and choices taken by them and/or the University in the interests of their interests, the interests of others, and the environment.
Our choices and activities are governed by laws and regulations.
Relevance: MeU will meet the demand for graduates who are highly skilled, technologically savvy, and prepared to succeed in the workforce of the twenty-first century. In addition, the university will extend the results of its research and other services to address the concerns of its stakeholders and resolve the social, political, and economic problems of the nation.
To further their areas of expertise, MeU community members will search for novel, creative ideas and/or improved methods. They will also provide their colleagues the flexibility to come up with and share novel, challenging ideas.
Commitment to students: We work to educate the full person as teachers, researchers, mentors, and facilitators. We support and push students on an intellectual, artistic, social, and physical level so they may succeed in their careers.
Social and environmental responsiveness: Meu takes the community’s social, human, and economic advantages into account while doing its daily business. Additionally, it emphasizes sustainability and prudent use of natural resources.
Integrity, honesty, and a sense of teamwork When doing intellectual exercises and interacting with our clients daily, we place a high priority on honesty and reliability. We are also committed to giving back to the community. Our University will promote ethical behavior among its academic community members and will hold them accountable for their actions and obligations. Meus shall cooperate to accomplish shared objectives in a cordial, polite, and professional way, valuing and appreciating the contributions of each colleague and encouraging and supporting one another.
MeU is given the following duties by Higher Education Proclamation Number 650/2001 E.C. and Council of Ministers Regulation No. 239/2003 E.C.
- uphold the institution’s core principles and the goals of higher education; make sure it is a place for scholarship;
- Create study programs, provide higher education, equip qualified graduates with the information, talents, and attitudes required by the nation, and confer academic degrees via its programs;
- conduct, as required, combined academic and research initiatives with national and international universities or research centers; stimulate pertinent study, research, and community service in national and local priority areas; and distribute the results as may be suitable.
- Recruit and manage its workforce, as well as its finances and property, by this Proclamation and other relevant legislation;
- enact and carry out internal regulations and policies by this Proclamation;
- Create and execute organizational budgets, structures, and performance reports, and submit them with this proclamation.
- create cooperative relationships with businesses and other organizations to further its purpose;
- Give those who have made significant contributions to society or accomplishments recognition, rewards, or honorary degrees;
- promote elementary and secondary education, as well as cooperating and supporting preparatory, technical, and vocational institutions as necessary;
- Release additional obligations outlined in this Proclamation and its establishing document, including publishing yearly and multi-year information on educational intake and output as well as financial revenue and expenditures.